8 June 2010

Odd Balls in the Gym

I know I have blogged before about fellow gym goers but just lately there have been yet more strange goings on....

One of the older men recently told me he's been taking slimming tablets to get rid of this (as he pats his belly)... They seem to have turned him insane, he laughs a lot anyway but it's got worse since he's been taking them, I swear he's actually been sold speed because he acts very much in the manner of someone off their face in a club only he's not in a club, he's on a treadmill, shouting at me.

There was a man a week or so ago wearing only one shoe whilst he 'pumped some iron' the other foot was in a cast. Surely that's not ideal gym wear.

Speaking of which, last week I looked on in amazement as the instructor informed the girl on the next but one treadmill to me that her gladiator sandals were inappropriate for going for a run in. A day or so later I mentioned said girl, in passing, to the instructor, apparently she was quite put out he had the audacity to suggest that health and safety regulations ruled out the wearing of sandals and argued with him that "they let me in my gym" - I suggested the instructor should have responded with "well maybe you should go there then".

Last night a girl tried to use the weights machine which strengthens your back and instead of having the cushioned part behind her shoulders she had it in front of her face. Thankfully she was wearing the seat belt so she wasn't in complete danger. I'd love to know which muscle she thought that would work.

Sometimes, I really do think I am the only normal one in there.

No comments: